[torqueusers] Problems with acl_group_enable and acl_group_sloppy

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Sat Sep 30 10:07:35 MDT 2006

On Sep 30, 2006, at 9:37 AM, Garrick Staples wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 09:02:03AM +0200, Bas van der Vlies alleged:
>>
>> On Sep 29, 2006, at 10:00 PM, Garrick Staples wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 04:00:57PM +0200, Bas van der Vlies alleged:

>>> We didn't even change those lines.  That check hasn't changed in a
>>> while.
>>>
>>> I'm not aware of any relationship between interactive and grouplst.
>>> There have been some other job attributes added and I wonder if
>>> something is getting mixed up in your build.  Maybe just start
>>> from a
>>> clean build?
>>>

>> It was from a build from svn 2.1-fixes.  To my knowledge is it a
>> clean build. I will check it Monday.
>>
>> Only i have one question are sure that you are not allowed because
>> it is your primary group?
>>

>>  The value of pjob->ji_wattr[(int)JOB_ATR_grouplst].at_flags is 3. I
>> have to find out what this means and 0 for interactive usage.
>
> JOB_ATR_grouplst should only be set if you supply '-W group_list' to
> qsub.

Garrick thanks a lot this triggered me. I did not remove the
torque_submitfilter script. That added
-W flag. That explained why it works for interactive usage and not
with a batch script.

Must we not skip this flag when we use the acl_group_sloppy setting?
Because the primary group does not decide if the job should run and -
W flag can be used for accounting purposes and the job is still
allowed to run because the acl_group_sloppy setting.

Regards

--
Bas van der Vlies
basv at sara.nl