[torqueusers] Problems with acl_group_enable and acl_group_sloppy

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Sat Sep 30 01:02:03 MDT 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 10:00 PM, Garrick Staples wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 04:00:57PM +0200, Bas van der Vlies alleged:
>> Bas van der Vlies wrote:

>>> I celebrate to early. I only test the qsub -I option. Then
>>> acl_sloppy_group works. But if i want to submit a job with a job
>>> script
>>> i get:
>>>      qsub: Unauthorized Request
>>>
>>> I am trying to find the bug. But maybe somebody knows where we can
>>> tackle this bug.
>>>
>>> {{{
>>> qsub: job 196.testm.irc.sara.nl completed
>>> [testm] ~ $ qsub -I -lwalltime=1:00:00 -qq_genetics
>>> qsub: waiting for job 197.testm.irc.sara.nl to start
>>> sqsub: job 197.testm.irc.sara.nl ready
>>>
>>> sl[test1] ~ $ history
>>> [test1] ~ $ logout
>>>
>>> qsub: job 197.testm.irc.sara.nl completed
>>> [testm] ~ $ qsub  -lwalltime=1:00:00 -qq_genetics
>>> sleep 1
>>> done
>>>
>>> qsub: Unauthorized Request
>>> }}}}
>> If found the statement that is different for interactive and jobfile:
>> (srv_jobfunc.c)
>>       if ((rc == 0) && slpygrp &&
>>           (!(pjob->ji_wattr[(int)JOB_ATR_grouplst].at_flags &
>>                     ATR_VFLAG_SET)))
>>
>> The problem is that:
>>  pjob->ji_wattr[(int)JOB_ATR_grouplst].at_flags & ATR_VFLAG_SET
>>
>> This is 0 for interactive and 1 for jobfile.  I do no know what this
>> flag means
>
> We didn't even change those lines.  That check hasn't changed in a
> while.
>
> I'm not aware of any relationship between interactive and grouplst.
> There have been some other job attributes added and I wonder if
> something is getting mixed up in your build.  Maybe just start from a
> clean build?

It was from a build from svn 2.1-fixes.  To my knowledge is it a
clean build. I will check it Monday.

Only i have one question are sure that you are not allowed because
it is your primary group?

  The value of pjob->ji_wattr[(int)JOB_ATR_grouplst].at_flags is 3. I
have to find out what this means and 0 for interactive usage.

--
Bas van der Vlies
basv at sara.nl