[torqueusers] qsub: Undefined attribute

Tony Schreiner schreian at bc.edu
Thu Sep 28 09:28:57 MDT 2006

I'm still working on integrating a host as a client into a cluster

The cluster server and nodes are running version 1.2.0p4 compiled
from source.

Things are working for me if I run the same version on the new
client. But I want to start upgrading, and I am trying the RPM
version for Fedora 4 which is built from version 2.1.2.

Running the RPM version I get the "undefined attribute" errror when I
try to select a specfic computational node with

# qsub -l nodes=node4  job
qsub: Undefined attribute

I can however queue and run jobs without the "-l nodes=" option.

The options works if I use the 1.2.0p4 version.

Do I need to add something to make "-l nodes=" work?

Thanks
Tony Schreinerr