[torqueusers] Bad UID...

Nate Coraor nate at psu.edu
Tue Sep 26 11:07:12 MDT 2006

I just spent a day trying to figure out why my job wouldn't submit
from only 1 host out of all the submit hosts I tried.  Turns out that
the host's name was in non-fqdn form on the 127.0.0.1 entry in /etc/
hosts.

Would it be possible for torque to respond with an error message
that's not misleading (i.e. host claims it's X but resolves to Y) as
the reason the job's being rejected?  The Bad UID had me setting up
all of acl_hosts, submit_hosts, SUBMITHOSTS, .rhosts, hosts.equiv,
all to no avail, assuming there was an rusersok() failure or username
mismatch...

--nate