[torqueusers] NFS installed Torque/PBS ... security issues ...

Richard Walsh rbw at ahpcrc.org
Wed Sep 27 08:20:59 MDT 2006

All,

In cluster with NFS context, I assume that folks typically install Torque as
root and so that the built binaries reside in a single location across
the cluster
NFS mounted.  This requires the no_root_squash setting in the /etc/exports
file.  If for security reasons this is not acceptable, what are the
other most
convenient options. I can think of a non-root installation or multiple copy
installation in a non-NFS mounted partition.  Both these have there short-
comings.  Is there a  better approach?

You suggestions are appreciated.

rbw

--

Richard B. Walsh

Project Manager
Network Computing Services, Inc.
Army High Performance Computing Research Center (AHPCRC)
rbw at ahpcrc.org  |  612.337.3467

This message (including any attachments) may contain proprietary or
privileged information, the use and disclosure of which is legally
restricted.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by reply message, do not otherwise distribute it, and delete
this message, with all of its contents, from your files.