[torqueusers] qdel and remaining parts of jobs

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Tue Sep 26 05:43:12 MDT 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 12:03, bill wrote:

> When qdel sends a sigTERM, the perl script stops, but not everythings.
> So I have to find a way to terminate everything.

Well, you can very easily install signal handlers in perl and get it to do
stuff on receipt of sigterm, if you want. Might still end up a tad flaky if
you're not careful, but "man perlipc" anyway (read and understand it: While
perl goes to great lengths to make signals easy, so that even very naive code
doing crazy things in signal handlers that would make C programmers cry is
perfectly safe in perl, there are caveats.)

> > You're effectively working outside the batch system,

> How can I work inside the batch system?

At present, you basically have to use programs that use the TM api to spawn
tasks. So, LAM compiled with TM support, openrte with TM support, pbsdsh, OSC
mpiexec etc.

As mentioned (um, apparently in reply to you even?) not very long ago at all:
http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/torqueusers/2006-September/004235.html