[torqueusers] qdel and remaining parts of jobs

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 05:12:16 MDT 2006

> this is the smallest example I found. But my case is a bit more
> complicated.
> I launch a perl script which launch all the mpi stuff, some ssh and
> other things. This perl script write a script in order to kill everything.
[...]
> How can I work inside the batch system?

We had a discussion on this list a while ago how to do exactly this.
The problem lies with your ssh'ing and starting processes - those CAN'T be
tracked by torque and as such not killed, too.

I think the solution is to use pbsdsh to spawn new processes (but I am not
doing those kind of jobs so I have no experience).

Cheers,
Ronny