[torqueusers] qdel and remaining parts of jobs

bill cluster.bill at alinto.com
Tue Sep 26 05:03:36 MDT 2006

David Golden a écrit :
> On Tuesday 26 September 2006 11:17, bill wrote:
>
>>I noticed that qdel doesn't wipe out everything.
>>

> Looks like you may not_ be using LAM's TM (torque/pbs integration) support?

this is the smallest example I found. But my case is a bit more
complicated.
I launch a perl script which launch all the mpi stuff, some ssh and
other things. This perl script write a script in order to kill everything.

Without torque users launche this script, and in some case use the
finish script. But with torque, they delete their jobs with qdel.

When qdel sends a sigTERM, the perl script stops, but not everythings.
So I have to find a way to terminate everything.

> You're effectively working outside the batch system,

How can I work inside the batch system?