[torqueusers] torque C library memory issues

Marcin Grabda marcin.grabda at gridwisetech.com
Thu Sep 21 07:31:34 MDT 2006

Hello.

I have been writing a wrapper around torque library. The most needed
parts have already been written and I have to deal with memory issues
now.

In pbs_submit function manual there is mentioned that the returned job
identifier string returned by the function must be released via a call
to free(). It is rather obvious, but what about parameters passed to
this function? Are they released or am I forced to release them after
the call? What about other functions?

There is a pbs_statfree function in PBS library. Are there such
equivalents to other structures? Or maybe they are not needed?

Greetings,
Marcin Grabda