[torqueusers] Unauthorized to do anything even as root? (previously Strange problem with job ids)

Nick Anderson nick at anders0n.net
Tue Sep 19 20:03:27 MDT 2006

> Looks like your hostname is 'head', which the pbs_server name is
> 'head_2', so you'll need to add root at head as an admin in qmgr.

Garrick,
Thanks for responding. I had been trying to do just that but had been getting
that Unauthorized message. I finally figured it out though. I needed to stop
pbs_mom and pbs_server change the hostname to head_2 start pbs_mom and
pbs_server, add root at head_2 and root at head to the server managers list in
qmgr, stop pbs_mom and pbs_server change the hostname back to head and
finally drink a beer.

Thanks
--
Nick