[torqueusers] BLCR support

Neelesh Arora narora at Princeton.EDU
Tue Sep 19 18:05:56 MDT 2006

Hi,

Quoting from a post by Garrick on Mar 20 2006:
"TORQUE doesn't have BLCR support.  On Linux, TORQUE can suspend jobs
with SIGSTOP, but can't checkpoint.

I think one roadblock to adding BLCR support is that TORQUE doesn't have
a way of knowing when a BLCR-capable job is being run."

I also notice that in v2.1.2, there is an --enable-blcr option. But the
online docs or the changelog do not mention anything about the support
being added. And the above post is the latest one I could find on this
topic.

Can someone please clarify what the status of blcr support in torque
(under linux) is? And in general, if there is a recommended way to
'truly' checkpoint and restart jobs via torque on linux?

Thanks.

-Neel