[torqueusers] limit number of job per user

Glen Beane glen.beane+torque at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:14:57 MDT 2006

On 9/13/06, Garrick Staples <garrick at clusterresources.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 09:29:01AM -0400, Glen Beane alleged:
> > There is no per-user equivalent of max_queuable (i.e.
> > max_user_queuable), but should be straightforward to add.
>
> That's a good idea.  We should add that.

I tested this out, and it appears to work, but I'm the only user on my
test sytem.  We'll need to test it out with multiple users.

I'll commit once I work out a small issue  (a qmgr print command does
not display the attribute even if it is set), then backport to the 2.1
branch.  Also,  I am not sure if this matches p with the behavior of
max_queuable (but this is coded almost identical, so I assume they
would behave the same), but if a job submission is rejected because
the user has the maximum number of queued jobs, the internal job id in
pbs_server is still incremented