[torqueusers] .ER and .OU written to home directory?

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Thu Sep 14 15:09:43 MDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 04:51:21PM -0400, Aquarijen alleged:
> Hi All,
>
> I know I saw somewhere that there was an option an administrator could
> set to have the pbs_mom write the *.ER nad *.OU files directly to the
> user's home directory by default. But I can't remember where I saw
> that and I've been searching now for a while to no avail... Or maybe I
> was just imagining things.  But, is there an option like that?  I do
> not allow the users to ssh to the compute nodes, but some would like
> to be able to see the progress (or lack of progress) of the error and
> output files on their jobs that hang.

That would be the qsub's -k option.

       -k keep Defines  which (if either) of standard output or standard error
               will be retained on the execution host.  If set for  a stream,
               this  option  overrides  the path name for that stream.  If not
               set, neither stream is retained on the execution host.
               The argument is either the single letter "e"  or  "o", or  the
               letters  "e" and "o" combined in either order.  Or the argument
               is the letter "n".