[torqueusers] limit number of job per user

Glen Beane glen.beane+torque at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 07:29:01 MDT 2006

On 9/13/06, bill <cluster.bill at alinto.com> wrote:
> Glen Beane a écrit :
> >
> >>     Can I limit number of jobs submitted by user?
> >>
> >>     I have a queue, and in this queue I want that every user can launch one
> >>     job, and only one by one.
> >>
> >>     Is there a way to do it?
> >
> > do you want to limit the number of jobs the user can submit,  or do you
> > just want to limit running jobs to one per user (but allow them to
> > submit more)?
> >
> If both solutions exists, I take them. Both solutions are good for me.

qmgr -c "s q queue_name max_user_run = 1" will limit the number of
running jobs for each user from the specified queue to 1.   This does
not appear to be in the wiki documentation (I did a quick check and
just saw max_run, but not max_user_run in the wiki).

There is no per-user equivalent of max_queuable (i.e.
max_user_queuable), but should be straightforward to add.