[torqueusers] how many resources left?

John Dalton John.Dalton at utas.edu.au
Tue Sep 5 18:09:20 MDT 2006

On 06/09/2006, at 5:20 AM, Garrick Staples wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 04:14:51PM +0200, bill alleged:
>> Hello
>>
>> How can I know how many resources have I left?
>>
>> By hand, I can make a qstat -f and count how many nodes and ppn are
>> used, but is there an automatic way to do this?
>>
>> With an output like:
>> cluster with 10 nodes, 3 nodes with 4 ppn free, 2 nodes with 2
>> CPU free and 2 nodes with 1 CPU free, other nodes full.
>
> There is nothing in TORQUE that currently does this, but a
> contribution
> along those lines would be accepted :)

qstat -Bf gives useful output.  I usually compare the
resources_available.* and resources_assigned.* values (by hand, but
this could be automated).

For example:

# qstat -Bf | grep '[available|assigned]\.mem'
     resources_available.mem = 56gb
     resources_assigned.mem = 7549747200b

(..I've never looked into whether I can force those to be reported in
the same units..)

# qstat -Bf | grep '[available|assigned]\.ncpus'
     resources_available.ncpus = 28
     resources_assigned.ncpus = 26

That could be a starting point for someone looking for an easy way to
get the information.

Yours,

John

--