[torqueusers] Signalling a job with qsig -s SIGUSR2 seems to TERM as well?

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at uni.de
Sat Sep 2 05:48:16 MDT 2006

> That'll work, but I was thinking more along the lines of a generalized
> solution within TORQUE.

Signalling all process in that process-group exept the shell for the jobscript?
I think it should be safe to not signal the jobscript.

The problem is: I usually use qsig -SIGSTOP to temporarily stop processes
(e.g. when the fileserver goes down), so when even only one user-process is
not sigstopped, the whole thing's gonna blow.

Cheers,
Ronny