[torqueusers] configure --disable-spool broken?

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Tue Oct 31 02:41:48 MST 2006

On 2006-10-30 18:33:53 -0700, Garrick Staples wrote:

> I'll double check this option tomorrow.

FWIW, seems to be working okay here (Linux/x86 torque 2.1.6).

> I never quite understood this option, the point is to spool output into
> ~/.pbs_spool instead of $PBS_SERVER_HOME/spool, right?

Yeah.  I think it's just less overhead on some systems (shared fs -
the fs cost of accessing /var/spool/pbs/spool is pretty much
identical to the cost of /home on our shared-root cluster, for
instance)

> Or is it supposed to do the same as qsub -k?

Not quite? The output is still moved at job end.  But it can do it with a
cp instead of scp/rcp, at least for $usecp /home