[torqueusers] TORQUE 2.1.6 and 2.0.0p11 are released

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Mon Oct 30 13:15:38 MST 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 01:37:52PM -0500, Andrew J Caird alleged:
> Garrick - if I recall correctly you have a G5 cluster - is this
> working OK for you?

(This is said while wearing my USC hat, not my CRI hat)

It was turned off quite some time ago and noone really noticed.  So we
just left it off.

Turns out it was pretty useless for USC's users.  We didn't have
any software for OSX that we didn't have on Linux, and everything
ran faster on the Linux Intel/AMD boxes anyways. *shrug*

We might have seen a performance improvement if we had the fancy
compilers, but noone wanted to buy them.

Of course, none of this matters an iota anymore now that Macs are Intel.