[torqueusers] Re: [Mauiusers] scheduling = false + maui

wightman wightman at clusterresources.com
Thu Oct 26 15:11:11 MDT 2006

In Maui you can only "stop" the scheduler (mschedctl -s).  A "Stopped"
scheduler will NOT read in information from the resource manager.  It
will not read in job information or node information.  In other words,
it stops talking to the resource manager and only answers client
commands.

In Moab you can "pause" the scheduler (mschedctl -p).  A "Paused"
scheduler WILL read in information from the resource manager.  It will
just not do anything with that information.

Maui doesn't support "pausing" the scheduler.

If you want Maui to continue to read in information then the "setres
ALL" command mentioned earlier should work for Maui.

Hope that helps,

- Douglas