[torqueusers] Torque-2.1.6 Compile Error

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Wed Oct 25 20:56:44 MDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 12:02:04PM -0400, Tim Miller alleged:
> ??? wrote:
> >Dear all,
> >
> >I am trying to install Torque-2.1.6 on RedHat 9.0. I am running make as
> >root.
> >Following is the error message when I make.
> >/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
> >collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >make[2]: *** [qstat] Error 1
> >make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/torque-2.1.6/src/cmds'
> >make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/torque-2.1.6/src'
> >make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >
> >Can anyone please tell me how to get the install pass this point?
>
> It looks like you're missing your X libraries. Are they installed on
> your system? If you don't need the X stuff you can use the --disable-gui
> argument to configure to stop from building them.

I just realized there is a minor bug in the build system.  If Tcl and Tk
are found, qstat will include the Tk libs, which errors even if
--disable-gui is present.

Use --without-tk will side-step this error, or install your system's X11
devel package.