[torqueusers] Re: Warning against using Torque 2.1.5 ?

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Wed Oct 25 10:22:55 MDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 11:17:37AM -0400, Igor Filippov [Contr] alleged:
> I'm new to torque and apologize if this question has already been asked
> multiple times before - though I looked through the archives and
> couldn't find a definite answer.
> Since what version there is full support for LDAP in torque ? What
> version is stable enough to install ? I have v. 1.2.0p5 that comes with
> OSCAR right now and pbs_mom does not recognize LDAP user accounts.
> I have downloaded 2.1.5 but after reading the warning below I'm not sure
> I want to upgrade to an unstable version.
> Browsing through the archives it seems that LDAP support was introduced
> sometime around October 2005 - is this correct ? According to the README
> that comes with 1.2.0 that version was released in July 2005 - that is
> probably why it doesn't see LDAP.

There is no explicit LDAP support in TORQUE, nor does there need to be.
TORQUE just uses the standard system interfaces to lookup user accounts.

There was an optimization for group lookups that made things better on
LDAP (because LDAP has really aweful group lookups).