[torqueusers] Re: Warning against using Torque 2.1.5 ?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Oct 24 03:22:38 MDT 2006

Garrick Staples wrote:
>> Perhaps it is necessary to issue a general warning against using
>> Torque 2.1.5, and postpone upgrading until 2.1.6 is available ??
>
> Current SVN trunk, 2.1-fixes, and 2.0-fixes should have everything
> working correctly.  torque-2.1.6-snap.200610240247.tar.gz is ready to
> download if anyone wants to test it.

I've installed this snapshot on our Opteron nodes now,
and 3 jobs have started which use 4 CPUs on a single-node.
These single-node jobs now run correctly, contrary to
the situation with Torque 2.1.5.  So based on my brief
experience, I'd say that the 2.1.6 snapshot is fine !

And thanks a lot to Garrick and Ake for their efforts on these
patches !  I hope we'll meet at SC'06 in a few weeks' time.

Best regards,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark