[torqueusers] beginning with torqueu

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Oct 19 16:54:51 MDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 12:32:32AM +0200, Standa Kunc alleged:
> Thank you. Now I am one step further but now I have different problem.
> I cannot submit job via qsub. This is the error message:
>
> root at pc-xubuntu:~/torque-2.1.3# echo "sleep 30" | qsub
> qsub: Bad UID for job execution
>
> My current configuration is:
>
> xubuntu distribution, user root is enabled

Can't run jobs as root.  Use a regular user.

> I modified torque.setup to this:

You only need to run torque.setup once.  After that, just make changes
interactively in qmgr.

> set server submit_hosts = localhost

You don't need this.  Unset it.

> root at pc-xubuntu:~/torque-2.1.3# cat /var/spool/torque/localhost
> localhost

This should be /var/spool/torque/server_name.

> User sk at localhost is also server operator and manager but this user
> does not help:
> --
> pbs_iff: file not setuid root, likely misconfigured
> pbs_iff: cannot connect to pc-xubuntu:15001 - fatal error, errno=13
> (Permission denied)
> No Permission.
> qsub: cannot connect to server pc-xubuntu (errno=15007)

pbs_iff needs to be setuid root and it should have been after the
install.  How did you install TORQUE?

chown root:root /usr/local/sbin/pbs_iff
chmod 755 /usr/local/sbin/pbs_iff
chmod u+s /usr/local/sbin/pbs_iff