[torqueusers] command line parameters

Craig Macdonald craigm at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Thu Oct 19 09:40:27 MDT 2006

> > In the past I have been using this kind of syntax
> > with SGE but actually it seems not to be possible
> > in TORQUE.
<snip>
> Arguments aren't in the Batch Services specification, <snip>

Yes, according to
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/utilities/qsub.html
I presume.

I just downloaded SGE and checked the qsub man page - command line
arguments are passed to the script.

Surely this would be fairly straightforward to provide? Take a copy the
remaining contents of argv and pass when the script is run? A clunky
option would be for qsub to put the args in a specially-names environment
variable for the purposes of pbs_server. The pbs_mom would know how to
process this specially named env variable.

As current qsub wont accept any parameters after the job file anyway this
is a backwardly compatable change. It has the added bonus of minimising
any user noticable incompatabilities between SGE and Torque.

Regards

Craig