[torqueusers] TORQUE 2.1.3 released!

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Mon Oct 16 10:28:32 MDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 03:25:44PM +0200, Jacques Foury alleged:
> Garrick Staples a ?crit :
> >On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 05:43:01PM +0200, Ronny T. Lampert alleged:

> >>very much looks like you are missing the pam-devel rpm!
> >>

> >Indeed, this is because of missing libpam0-devel rpm on Mandrake.
> >
> Actually I'm on Mandriva 2006, and this RPM is here. It now compiles
> perfectly.
> >I see that Mandriva cooker contrib has TORQUE 2.0.0, so you might want
> >to bug the maintainer (Oden Eriksson <oeriksson at mandriva.com>) to
> >update.
> >

> I now have 9 RPMs for Torque 2.1.3 for Mandriva 2006 i586. Soon I'll
> compile the same for x86_64.
>
> ...Why 9 RPMs ? (actually 10, as I don't build GUI...)
>
> It seems that :
>
> torque-2.1.3-1cri.i586.rpm
> torque-client-2.1.3-1cri.i586.rpm
> torque-devel-2.1.3-1cri.i586.rpm
> torque-docs-2.1.3-1cri.i586.rpm
> torque-localhost-2.1.3-1cri.i586.rpm
> torque-mom-2.1.3-1cri.i586.rpm
> torque-pam-2.1.3-1cri.i586.rpm
> torque-scheduler-2.1.3-1cri.i586.rpm
> torque-server-2.1.3-1cri.i586.rpm
>
> are depending each others on a way i don't completely understand... what
> is sure is that torque-server needs torque-client, but don't ask for it
> when I type rpm -i (it just tells it needs libtorque.so.0)
>
> Some are self-explaining, like torque-docs, but can you give us the
> schema for dependencies ?

There isn't really anything.  Everything has an explicit requires on the
base packages.  Requires on libtorque.so (in torque-client) are picked
up automatically by rpm.

Start with torque and torque-client everywhere, then install the others
as you see fit.