[torqueusers] PBS Pro mom stuck in substate 41

Marc Aurele La France tsi at ualberta.ca
Wed Oct 11 10:35:33 MDT 2006

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Jeffrey B. Reed wrote:

> Let me first apologize for this question as I know you guys do not support
> nor have any motivation to answer questions about PBS Pro.  But I felt there
> was an outside chance that that someone would forgive my regressions.

> We are having jobs getting stuck in substate 41 and while in this state
> the scheduler does not schedule any new jobs until the job that is stuck
> in substate 41 finishes or a timed alarm expires.  Does this ring a bell
> with anyone?

Substate 41 means the job has been sent to the MOM by the server.  It sounds
like you have server<->MOM communication problems.  I'd check the MOM's logs.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi at ualberta.ca          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |