[torqueusers] reply code=15001...

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Tue Oct 10 11:58:59 MDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 01:33:32PM +0200, ?ke Sandgren alleged:
> Hi!
>
> I think this have been adressed before but i can't find any info.
>
> We are getting loads of
> pbs_mom;Req;req_reject;Reject reply code=15001(Unknown Job Id
> REJHOST=i092.hpc2n.umu.se MSG=modify job failed, unknown job
> 392438.ingrid-h.hpc2n.umu.se), aux=0, type=ModifyJob, from
> PBS_Server at ingrid-i.hpc2n.umu.se
>
> I think they are related to stage-in/out but exactly what should we be
> looking for.
>
> torque version ranging from 2.0.0p4 to 2.1.2.

This happens with every job, right?  And you are using maui/moab, right?

If so, that is maui/moab reseting the job's neednodes resource after
starting the job.  This is a work-around for a mythical bug in job
starts in OpenPBS that noone has ever been able to demonstrate to me.