[torqueusers] torque pbs_mom file transfer errors

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Tue Oct 10 05:29:58 MDT 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 22:26, Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 12:06:47PM -0700, scoggins alleged:
> > I found my own problem. Permissions on spool and undelivered were not
> > set properly.  It would have been nice if the logs showed that.
>
> We have "security checks" that bail if there are *extra* perms on an
> important file or directory, but we don't check for *missing* perms
> (assuming the admin knows what they are doing).
>
> Since we've had many users over the last few years hit the same lack of
> setuid perms, does anyone object to changing pbs_mom to chmod(1777)
> spool and undelivered on startup?

I'm not convinced it'd be a good thing, myself.  Just making it log
the fact the permission was denied as clearly as possible would do IMHO.

No, I don't have a wealth of justification for that, I just think that
quietly permissions changing to world-writable is not very nice of a program,
and could be dangerous, as a general rule of thumb...