[torqueusers] torque pbs_mom file transfer errors

Jacqueline Scoggins jscoggins at lbl.gov
Mon Oct 9 12:48:49 MDT 2006

I have a weird situation and I can't figure it out.  Help!!!

master and node:  mom_config -->

$clienthost 10.0.0.10
$clienthost 10.0.1.10
$restricted 10.0.0.10
$restricted 10.0.1.10
$usecp *:/data/home /home
$logevent 255

Master mount point:
/dev/sda1        /data

with a link of /data/home to /home

    /home -> /data/home

Nodes mount point:

  master:/data /data
  master:/home /home

When the job completes I get the following error:

Post job file processing error.

I turned loglevel to 7 on the 2 nodes (master and node0000) and I saw
the following on the node that the job was running:

pbs_mom; Job:process_request;request type CopyFiles from host master allowed
pbs_mom; Fil;22.master;forking to user, uid xxx, gid xxx homedir: /home/xxxx

But the output is never saved in the users home it goes to
/var/spool/torque/node0000/spool and stays.

I created a script that would run cp a file from my home back to my home
like torque would and that succeeded.

i.e.  cp hello master:/home/xxxx/new

this worked in the script but not in torque.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Jackie