[torqueusers] Not Running: Dedicated time conflict

Albino Aveleda bino at coc.ufrj.br
Sat Oct 7 09:07:01 MDT 2006

Hi,

I have a cluster with 32 nodes with one CPU per node.

All queue is working, except the dedicated queue. I don't know, why?
When I submited one job to use 32 nodes
(with "#PBS -l nodes=32") it always still in queued (status Q). When I
digit "qstat -f <jobid>" the coment is:

coment = Not Running: Dedicated time conflict

I have sincronized the date and time among nodes and server with ntp.
What is wrong in my configuration?

My resume of torque configuration is below.
I only put the queues for 1, 8 and dedicated here.

Best regards,
Bibo

#
#
# Create and define queue b_1cpu
#
create queue b_1cpu
set queue b_1cpu queue_type = Execution
set queue b_1cpu Priority = 200
set queue b_1cpu max_running = 32
set queue b_1cpu resources_max.ncpus = 1
set queue b_1cpu resources_max.nodect = 1
set queue b_1cpu resources_max.nodes = 1
set queue b_1cpu resources_default.ncpus = 1
set queue b_1cpu resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue b_1cpu max_user_run = 4
set queue b_1cpu enabled = True
set queue b_1cpu started = True
#
# Create and define queue dedicated
#
create queue dedicated
set queue dedicated queue_type = Execution
set queue dedicated Priority = 100
set queue dedicated max_running = 1
set queue dedicated resources_max.ncpus = 32
set queue dedicated resources_max.nodect = 32
set queue dedicated resources_max.nodes = 32
set queue dedicated enabled = True
set queue dedicated started = True
#
# Create and define queue b_8cpus
#
create queue b_8cpus
set queue b_8cpus queue_type = Execution
set queue b_8cpus Priority = 140
set queue b_8cpus max_running = 4
set queue b_8cpus resources_max.ncpus = 8
set queue b_8cpus resources_max.nodect = 8
set queue b_8cpus resources_max.nodes = 8
set queue b_8cpus resources_min.ncpus = 5
set queue b_8cpus resources_default.ncpus = 8
set queue b_8cpus resources_default.nodes = 8
set queue b_8cpus enabled = True
set queue b_8cpus started = True
#
# Create and define queue default
#
create queue default
set queue default queue_type = Route
set queue default max_running = 32
set queue default route_destinations = b_1cpu
set queue default route_destinations += b_2cpus
set queue default route_destinations += b_4cpus
set queue default route_destinations += b_8cpus
set queue default route_destinations += b_16cpus
set queue default route_destinations += dedicated
set queue default enabled = True
set queue default started = True
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server scheduling = True
set server acl_host_enable = False
set server managers = root at adm
set server operators = root at adm
set server default_queue = default
set server log_events = 511
set server mail_from = pbs
set server query_other_jobs = True
set server resources_available.nodect = 32
set server resources_default.ncpus = 1
set server resources_default.nodect = 1
set server resources_default.nodes = 1
set server scheduler_iteration = 600