[torqueusers] resources_default on routing queues?

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Fri Oct 6 13:23:27 MDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 10:42:43AM +0200, Ramon Bastiaans alleged:
> Is there any way to get resources_default settings applied to jobs when
> entering a routing queue and retaining those resources while entering
> the next execution queue?
>
> I have created a extra routing queue, in which I want all jobs that are
> submitted there to have a specific default walltime and enter the
> correct execution queue accordingly.
>
> However it doesn't seem to work and the jobs still end up with the first
> execution queues resource defaults. I have tried enabling:
>
> set server queue_centric_limits = True
>
> But it still does not work as I would expect it.
>
> Anyone have any tips on how to achieve this?

No, there is currently no way to do this.

What you really want to do is get the users to specify the appropriate
walltime, not the appropriate queue, and let the job route to the
correct queue based on the supplied walltime.

In your example, I'd just make grid_short an execution queue with
resources_default.neednodes = serial and not worry about the routing.