[torqueusers] Queue configuration question

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Wed Oct 4 15:26:19 MDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 01:44:10PM -0700, scoggins alleged:
> Is there a way to not allow the bypass?

Well, no, because any command that can typed in interactively can also
be put in a script or piped into qsub.

What kind of actual policy are you trying to enforce?

> If you implement the interactive tag on the queue will that mean it
> will know that the -I option was  passed to qsub.  In the documents
> using the -I option will set an PBS environment variable to let you
> know they are using it interactively.  Can that be something I could
> check for in a prologue script and have that script alter the job to
> the interactive queue?
>
> Is this an option anyone have tried?

prologue runs as the job is starting, so altering the queue at that
point is useless.