[torqueusers] Queue configuration question

scoggins jscoggins at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 4 10:36:34 MDT 2006

I have a cluster and I want to have interactive queues and batch
queues.  I am running torque-1.2.0p2-1.caos and I have the following
queue configuration:

qmgr -c 'p s'
#
#
#
# Create and define queue interactive
#
create queue interactive
set queue interactive queue_type = Execution
set queue interactive resources_max.nodes = 8:geochem
set queue interactive resources_max.walltime = 00:10:00
set queue interactive resources_min.neednodes = 1:geochem
set queue interactive resources_min.nodes = 1:geochem
set queue interactive enabled = True
set queue interactive started = True
#
# Create and define queue default
#
create queue default
set queue default queue_type = Route
set queue default route_destinations = geophys
set queue default route_destinations += geochem
set queue default route_destinations += interactive
set queue default enabled = True
set queue default started = True
#
# Create and define queue geochem
#
create queue geochem
set queue geochem queue_type = Execution
set queue geochem from_route_only = True
set queue geochem resources_min.nodes = 1:geochem
set queue geochem resources_default.nodect = 1
set queue geochem resources_default.nodes = 1:geochem
set queue geochem enabled = True
set queue geochem started = True
#
# Create and define queue geophys
#
create queue geophys
set queue geophys queue_type = Execution
set queue geophys from_route_only = True
set queue geophys resources_min.nodes = 1:geophys
set queue geophys resources_default.nodect = 1
set queue geophys resources_default.nodes = 1:geophys
set queue geophys enabled = True
set queue geophys started = True
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server scheduling = True
set server max_user_run = 200
set server default_queue = default
set server log_events = 63
set server mail_from = adm
set server query_other_jobs = True
set server resources_default.neednodes = 1
set server resources_default.nodect = 1
set server resources_default.nodes = 1
set server scheduler_iteration = 60
set server node_ping_rate = 300
set server node_check_rate = 600
set server tcp_timeout = 6
set server job_stat_rate = 30

What I want is the following behavior to occur:

qsub -I <script>        Goes to the interactive queue by default
qsub <script>            WIll go to the batch queues - geophys or
geochem  which ever one is specified in the script to run on.

The only queue that has limits is interactive.  I want the routing
queue to be able to submit all interactive jobs to the interactive
queue and only allow batch (non-interactive) jobs to run on the other
queues.

Please advice.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jackie