[torqueusers] Problems with acl_group_enable and acl_group_sloppy

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Mon Oct 2 15:42:17 MDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 06:07:35PM +0200, Bas van der Vlies alleged:

> On Sep 30, 2006, at 9:37 AM, Garrick Staples wrote:

> >>It was from a build from svn 2.1-fixes.  To my knowledge is it a
> >>clean build. I will check it Monday.
> >>
> >>Only i have one question are sure that you are not allowed because
> >>it is your primary group?
> >>

> >> The value of pjob->ji_wattr[(int)JOB_ATR_grouplst].at_flags is 3. I
> >>have to find out what this means and 0 for interactive usage.
> >
> >JOB_ATR_grouplst should only be set if you supply '-W group_list' to
> >qsub.
> >
> Garrick thanks a lot this triggered me. I did not remove the
> torque_submitfilter script. That added
> -W flag. That explained why it works for interactive usage and not
> with a batch script.
>
> Must we not skip this flag when we use the acl_group_sloppy setting?
> Because the primary group does not decide if the job should run and -
> W flag can be used for accounting purposes and the job is still
> allowed to run because the acl_group_sloppy setting.

The original idea was that if the user was supplying groups, then listen
to the user.  Imagine a scenerio where a routing queues were setup for
different projects (group acls) and a user was part of multiple
projects.  By disabling sloppy with group_list, the user has control
over the routing of the job.