[torqueusers] resources problem

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at gmx.de
Thu Nov 30 15:59:22 MST 2006

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 20:52, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> I have absolutely no experience with MPI, could a program compiled with
> mpicc call itself mpirun? The attached script submitted to qsub calls an
> executable "transport". This is no script, but the binary compiled with
> mpicc. Running "strings" on this binary I see that it has several times a
> string "MPIRUN" and one time the sentence "! Could not create p4 procgroup.
> Possible missing file or program started without mpirun."

I just checked with strace whats going on and and I only see some strange
socketcall() calls. But somehow this is probably the reason why torque is not
assigning the resources to the started job.

Garrick, can you just give me a hint where to search in the sources? I mean
your dumpmon shows that pbs_mom in principle properly gets the resources used
by the jobs started on the node. Only the later on the resources are not
properly assigned to the job, but which program does this assignment, pbs_mon
or pbs_server?
I hope I find some time during the weekend to look into the torque sources,
but of course it will be much easier if I would know those basics in advance.

Thanks,
Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert