[torqueusers] qsub rules for converting partial job ids?

Michael Durket durket at hw-durket.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 30 13:40:48 MST 2006

Garrick,

   It's been tried in our facility (not by me) and doesn't appear
to work. In qsub.c the script is read and all the PBS directives
are parsed and converted. In this case, in the process_opts()
routine in qsub.c, the dependency list is created and the job
id is converted to its fully-qualified form and used to set the
the ATTR_depend value (which I assume is passed on to the
server when the job is submitted).

   I'm mostly just curious since the ERS doesn't explicitly state
rules for attributes as opposed to requests. The workaround is
(of course) not to specify partial job ids (and in our case,
since we're using another script to generate the job input to
qsub, we can just take the fully-qualified job identifier spit
out by PBS on the prior job and use that as the job identifier
in the "afterok" option).

   Mike Durket