[torqueusers] Code seems to run slow when run with pbs script

Nick Anderson nick at anders0n.net
Wed Nov 29 16:53:36 MST 2006

Ive got an issue that is odd.
When we submit a job inside of a pbs script it seems to run pretty slow.
For example a single iteration of this code takes about 7 seconds on a dual
cpu opteron at 2.6Ghz.
When running on a Cluster with 2.4Ghz cpus inside of a pbs script a single
iteration takes approximatly 14 seconds. It dosnt matter how many nodes the
job is run on. 2 - 64 gets the same times per iteration.

But if we run manually with mpirun it takes about 1 tenth of a second.

Any ideas?