[torqueusers] Transparently upgrading Torque?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Nov 27 16:09:43 MST 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 09:32, Michael Durket wrote:

>  My problem is that I need to keep the old system running simultaneously
>  with testing - I can't test the new torque with the old MOMs and it now
>  appears the old torque won't work with the new MOMs.

My suspicion is that with such a *huge* leap in versions you're going to be
very hard pressed to be able to do that.

You may stand a chance if you're only running single CPU jobs, but if there
are MPI jobs there (especially if they're using Pete Wyckoff's mpiexec or LAM
or anything else that has TM integration) then you're going to probably have
to take more drastic measures. :-(

cheers,
Chris