[torqueusers] Xeon submit host for both Xeon and Opteron nodes?

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Fri Nov 24 19:36:52 MST 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 10:09:39AM -0500, Justin Bronder alleged:
> A quick fix is to edit all of the mom_priv/config files and add "arch xeon"
> at the end of the file then restart the moms.  When you submit you'll
> have to add "-l arch=xeon".

That's what I do, except I use "i686" and "x86_64".  This allows 32bit
jobs to easily run on both types of nodes (which works fine as long as
the 32bit libs are installed on 64bit nodes.)  Users can easily require
x86_64 nodes for 64bit jobs.