[torqueusers] howto set maximum nodes?

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Thu Nov 16 09:47:30 MST 2006

Chris Evert wrote:
> How can I ensure that a job requesting 4 cpus lands on a node with (at
> least) 4 free cpus?  What I'm seeing now is the job going to 3 cpus on
> node1 (which has 4 cpus but a 1 cpu job already running on it) and 1 cpu
> on node2 (and node2 had 4 free cpus).

As far as I understand, you may use the Maui option

JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY      EXACTNODE

together with the qsub option

	nodes=1:ppn=4

Another, indirect way would be to use the Maui option

NODEACCESSPOLICY        SINGLEJOB

but you might get too many CPUs unused, depending on
your job mix. This works only if all your nodes have at
least four CPUs each.

   http://www.nsc.liu.se