[torqueusers] running one job in queue

Albino Aveleda bino at coc.ufrj.br
Thu Nov 16 08:46:04 MST 2006

Hi,

I have a cluster with 32 nodes and 1 CPU per node. When I have
submitted two jobs with 16 CPUs, the second job didn?t start. It was
queued and I
have 16 CPUs free.
The comment in the "qstat -f <job_id>" is:
comment = Not Running: Not enough cpus available

What is wrong in my configuration?

#
# Create and define queue b_16cpus
#
create queue b_16cpus
set queue b_16cpus queue_type = Execution
set queue b_16cpus Priority = 120
set queue b_16cpus max_running = 2
set queue b_16cpus resources_max.ncpus = 16
set queue b_16cpus resources_max.nodect = 16
set queue b_16cpus resources_max.nodes = 16
set queue b_16cpus resources_min.ncpus = 9
set queue b_16cpus resources_default.ncpus = 16
set queue b_16cpus resources_default.nodes = 16
set queue b_16cpus enabled = True
set queue b_16cpus started = True

Best regards,
Bibo