[torqueusers] How to get GRES to work

Glenn Johnson glennpj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 21:05:36 MST 2006

I would like to use a GRES resource but can not seem to figure out how. What
I ultimately would like to do is use the shell escape sequence in the MOM
config file to track a license. Currently I am testing with a static amount
but it is not working out. I put the following in one of the node's mom
config files:
jaguar 1
I then submitted a test script by using 'qsub -l gres=jaguar test.job'. The
job does not necessarily run on the node that has the resource specified.
Also, if I run a second job while the first is still executing, that job
also gets run. I would have thought that it would be queued until the first
job finished. This was done with the default pbs_sched of TORQUE. According
to the documentation on the Web site, what I want to do should be doable. A
search of the archives turned up this very question several times. However,
I could not find an answer. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson