[torqueusers] Harggg!!! Why???

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Thu Nov 16 03:02:45 MST 2006

Enrico,

You wrote:
> Why my email to torque ML have ArGoSoft Mailing Server in the subject
> and an error in the mail body? I'm writing from gmail.

It looks like a local problem for you. I got your "Two questions"
message OK, but twice, from your gmail address and with no error.

BTW, your Torque/Maui problem is solved e.g. by putting a standing
reservation on your 12 nodes. That standing reservation must allow
only your internal users, e.g. by putting them in a primary
Unix group that is different from the primary Unix group of the
external users and also telling the standing reservation that only
the internal users group must use it (e.g., GROUPLIST=staff).

Would that work in your environment? Tell me the names of the nodes
and the names of the two groups, if you want me to give you a
less vague example.

If you do not like to use different primary groups, you can use
different queues (CLASSLIST=internal), a list of user names
(USERLIST=maria,jose,margue), a list of accounts, or a list of
QOSs.

You will probaly also want the internal users to primarily use
the "internal" nodes. That is most easily done by ordering the
nodes so Maui tries to find "internal" nodes first. If Maui
by default schedules the "external" nodes first, you can change
the order in the Torque server configuration file "nodes".

Best wishes,
   http://www.nsc.liu.se