[torqueusers] Torque and MPI jobs

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Sat Nov 11 20:19:49 MST 2006

On fös, 2006-11-10 at 16:28 +0000, David Golden wrote:
> Best use OSC mpiexec to launch mpich2 jobs within torque.
> http://www.osc.edu/~pw/mpiexec/index.php

Now I have tested this mpiexec with a few configurations
and none of them come out without error.

When compiling with: --with-default-comm=mpich2-pmi

Only a few errors appear during runtest.pl:
mpiexec hello -sleep -abort 0
mpiexec hello -sleep -abort 1
mpiexec hello -sleep -abort 2

I really don't know if this will be significant
to my users, so I can not guarantee anything by
installing this software.

I guess that the Torque must be patched to work
with this mpiexec.
Conceptually this could have been a module in
a PBS system and as such it woild have the
missing link between pbs and mpi.

Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,
University of Iceland.