[torqueusers] map a queue to a set of nodes

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 05:47:49 MST 2006

> As far as I know, the sample fifo scheduler doesn't support this.  If
> you want these features, you need maui/moab.

Mhm. We've been discussing this feature for years on the list now (putting
attributes to nodes and then using .neednodes=<ATTRIB> to restrict a queue
to a set of nodes) -- and this isn't supported by the pbs_sched? Which is
kind of unfortunate because all people we gave that advice did not come back
with "it doesn't work".

A quick grep thru the codes shows the "neednodes" attribute is nowhere
queried. So Garrick may be right (he usually is anyhow ;).

Cheers,
Ronny