[torqueusers] Get Torque to send Email messages again

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Fri Nov 10 06:13:49 MST 2006

Hi I just joined this list as i am administrating
an IBM Blade cluster with a Torque PBS.

I have a problem with finding out why my users
are not getting the messages that the batch system
seems to be sending. Now according to the logs
the system sends messages to the correct email addresses
formed as username at FQDN .
Apparently it never reaches sendmail on the system.
Now sendmail and mail have been confirmed to work correctly.
The remote possibility that Torque is using tcp to connect
to the mail system, just struck my mind, and then the firewall
rules might interfere. The firewall rules are designed not
to interfere.

So if anybody has any idea of how the email messages are
transferred from Torque to the local mail system, please
share, cause it might help to solve this problem.

Similar questions have been asked before on this list and
seemingly they have never been answered.

http://www.clusterresources.com/pipermail/torqueusers/2004-July/000663.html

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,