[torqueusers] map a queue to a set of nodes

scoggins jscoggins at lbl.gov
Wed Nov 8 10:02:30 MST 2006

This is the way I worked around that issue because I to am not using
Maui or Moab.

I set properties on all the nodes.  Separating the different class of
nodes.  The users must allows specify the default node type which is
shared or they have to be specific on the type of node they want to
run on.  If they did not place any value for the node then torque
will run on all available nodes no matter what.

If someone comes up with a better solution then I am game for it to.
But this was my fix.

i.e.

   cat nodes

node0000  special
node0001  special
node0002  special
node0003  shared
node0004  shared
node0005  mix

qsub -l  nodes=shared        or qsub -l nodes=special     or qsub -l
nodes=mix

I also used the neednodes on the queue that I had setup specifically
for that node to use.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Jackie