[torqueusers] unknown parameter : required_property

Marchand Corine Corine.Marchand at ext.bull.net
Mon Nov 6 01:51:53 MST 2006

Hi all,

We are habit to use the required_property parameter on our "OpenPBS"
cluster, but so we logically upgraded to Torque 2.1.6 and get an error
during queues creation with an unknown parameter for "required_property".

We use the following syntax, after setting nodes properties as described
in documentation :
            set queue xxx required_property=yyy

Our final goal is to be able to route jobs using such property without
specify the node property on the submission line (because we can't ;-).
So we need such mechanism that allow us to use internal behavior of
Torque...
Could please help us to solve this issue, the only patch we found is for
an old OpenPBS version and maybe on Torque it's another parameter we
need to use ?

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Feel free to ask us if you need more details :-)

Best regards,
Corine

Corine Marchand
HPC Cluster Management Division