[torqueusers] qsub: Bad UID for job execution

Doug Renfrew renfrew at email.unc.edu
Thu Mar 30 15:29:57 MST 2006

Hi Gang,

I am having trouble setting things up so that users can submit jobs
from the compute hosts. I have a pretty simple setup. Machine 1 is
acting as the PBS server, the NFS server, and the NIS server. Machine
2-16 are acting as PBS clients, NFS clients, and NIS clients. In the
torque.cfg file on the PBS server I have set ALLOWCOMPUTEHOSTSUBMIT
true. Users can log in to any of the machines and use qstat, qmgr,
pbsnodes, etc but qsub fails with the error below.

qsub: Bad UID for job execution

Users can submit jobs from machine 1 but not from machines 2-16. Since
we are using NIS the user ids are the same no matter which machine the
user is logged into. Can anyone give me any advice on how to figure
out what is going on.

Doug
P. Douglas Renfrew
Graduate Student
Molecular and Cellular Biophysics Program
Dept. Biochemistry and Biophysics
Unv. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill