[torqueusers] pbs_server and nodes file how to handle comments

David Golden dgolden at cp.dias.ie
Tue Mar 28 05:46:44 MST 2006

> That would be a frequency of 0.  New nodes start in state unknown, get
> pinged, and get an addr list.  The old nodes never get the new addr list.

Ah.

Not that it's necessarily what you'd want to do (especially given your
large-cluster avoiding-ping concerns and maybe iffy effect on running
jobs, though jobs on nodes I tested on weren't interrupted):
but if you "pbsnodes -r" on the old nodes to force them state=down,
do they then get the updated node list and do something useful with
it when they're noticed to be "back" online by the server?